When you need surgery on your mouth, you’ve come to the right place. Our talented dentists – Drs. Tracy Davis and Nick Matthews – have the training and experience you want when you need Ozark oral surgery. At Excel Dental, you can expect:
Doctor Nick Matthews on oral surgery
Oral surgery is great for getting people out of pain a lot of times. Their pain kind of presents itself in a couple of different ways in dentistry. Root canals is one way we treat pain if it’s a tooth we want to save and a tooth that’s going to be functional. But a lot of the times, we find when people are in a lot of pain, they want a pretty quick fix. A lot of times if they’re in significant pain, it could be associated with their wisdom teeth or a tooth that’s non-restorable that just doesn’t need to stay any longer; it needs to be removed.
Daily around here we’re doing oral surgery on people, removing infected or broken teeth, taking out wisdom teeth that are causing problems. I mean, it’s one of those things that I enjoy doing it a lot because you see it’s very gratifying because you can see an almost instant change in how people are feeling. You can take a big problem that they’re having, it may be ruining their whole week, it may be they had to miss work for the day or something. It’s a pretty dramatic event in their lives, and in a matter of just minutes, it could be over, and they could be back on the road to health and back to a normal life. That’s really rewarding.
- Gentle treatment to get your smile back into shape
- Your choice of soothing dental sedation to help you relax
- A compassionate staff that’s dedicated to making your visit pleasant and enjoyable
- Leading-edge tools like 3-D imaging, computer-guided procedures, and dental lasers
- Comforting touches like pillows, blankets, headphones, and satellite radio
Your oral surgery procedure will go smoothly at Excel Dental. Call us today at (417) 233-4280 to schedule your initial consultation. We’re located at 1427 W. State Hwy. J – especially convenient for residents in the 65714, 65721, 65804, and 65810 ZIP codes.
Improve Your Mouth With Our Oral Surgical Procedures
Drs. Davis and Matthews have helped many Ozark-area residents achieve and maintain good oral health through surgical procedures on their mouths. If you’re usually nervous at the dentist office, don’t worry. We offer your choice of inhaled sedation or oral conscious sedation to help you relax.
Below are a few types of oral surgery that we routinely perform at Excel Dental:
- Standard Tooth Extractions – We’ll remove a damaged or diseased tooth to protect the health of your other teeth and gums.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – If these “third molars” become impacted, we can remove them to relieve your pain and prevent further problems.
- Dental Implant Surgery – Implants serve as replacement tooth roots, supporting new teeth to improve your smile and your bite.
- Frenectomies (Tongue-Tie Procedures) – We can gently alter the skin between the tongue and floor of the mouth to free up your or your child’s tongue movement.
- Bone Grafts – Our dentist will add bone material to your jawbone to strengthen the bone and prepare it for dental implants.
- Sinus Lifts – This type of bone graft adds bone tissue to the upper jaw to make room for implants.
- Ridge Augmentations – We’ll improve the tissue and bone of your jaw ridge, either to prepare the area for implants or for aesthetic purposes.
If you need a gum graft to repair your lost gum tissue, we can refer you to a trusted local specialist for treatment.