Missing teeth can take a toll on you – both physically and emotionally. Not only are your menu options limited, but gaps in your smile can cause embarrassment and shyness. Fortunately, you have teeth replacement solutions using Ozark dental implants from Excel Dental. Our implant therapy will allow you to:
Doctor Nick Matthews on dental implants
Implants are a wonderful option for people who are missing teeth. Some might say the best option. Now everyone’s mouth’s and situation’s a little bit different, but implants are great for a number of reasons.
One is, if you’re missing a single tooth, why not just put one single tooth back in there? Why go mess up a couple other teeth to add that back? You know, it doesn’t make a lot of sense. There are some situations where that can work just fine, but if we can keep a single-tooth problem a single-tooth problem, that’s kind of a saying in the industry, then it’s always better.
Two, maintaining space in our mouths is something that we run into a lot. You know that orthodontics is a huge industry just built on moving teeth around. Well, when you lose teeth, the other teeth are going to naturally start to move around. If you start to re-create a problem that someone else has spent their whole career fixing, basically, and that long term can lead to a lot of issues.
Another reason why dental implants are so great is the bone in our mouth is unique in that it really can only live healthfully around teeth. So as soon as the tooth is gone, the bone in that area starts to die off and go away, and fortunately that doesn’t happen in the rest of our bodies, but what the bone doesn’t know is that is it an implant or is it a tooth?
Well, if you lose a tooth and you stick an implant in there, your bone stays healthy because it thinks there’s a tooth in there. It has the stimulation associated with that, so, you know, multiple things there are beneficial for having implants, and they just don’t go in and out.
You know, there’s ways to replace missing teeth that you have to take them in and out every time you eat or every time you brush or whenever else. A dental implant’s just like having a fresh start on your tooth.
It’s like resetting the clock, you know. You can brush it, you can floss it, it’s solid. You know, it gives you a lot of confidence to know, ”Hey, I might be missing some of my natural teeth, but the replacements I have are as solid or more so than my natural teeth, so I don’t have to worry about it.”
- Smile more confidently wherever you go
- Eat a wider variety of delicious and nutritious foods again
- Feel more relaxed in social and romantic settings
- Earn more respect at work
- Improve your oral health and overall health
- Enjoy a better self-image
We offer two sedation options if you’re nervous about getting teeth implants. Call Excel Dental today at (417) 233-4280 to schedule your consultation. We’re ready to help you enjoy a full mouth of teeth again!
Implants Replace Your Missing Teeth
Doctor Tracy Davis on dental implants
An implant crown is a great way to replace a missing tooth. In fact, I like to refer to them as a one-tooth solution to a one-tooth problem. It’s a very great way to replace that function and the beauty of a missing tooth. During an implant placement procedure, many people are concerned about the pain. However, we found kind of the opposite. Patients are really comfortable. Everything is done, and we keep the patient comfortable.
Having an implant crown placed can really benefit the patient. Not only are they replacing the aesthetic missing part of a missing tooth, but they’re also replacing the function of a missing tooth. That can affect the, all the surroundings around that missing tooth. It can help stabilize the bone around that area, and it can also keep teeth from shifting.
Although dental implants have been around for hundreds of years, in recent decades their popularity has soared as replacements for missing teeth. Today, implants are usually made from titanium, as this metal bonds well with your natural bone.
Our team will place an implant in your jawbone using 3-D imaging and a computer-guided procedure. Dr. Matthews completed a yearlong residency in dental implant surgery, plus he and Dr. Davis are both members of the International Dental Implant Association. You can rest assured that your treatment will be in good hands!
After your procedure, the implant will begin to chemically fuse with the bone in a process called osseointegration. Your jawbone will actually begin to grow around the implant, holding it securely in place and creating a sturdy base for new replacement teeth.
At Excel Dental, we offer you a variety of ways to use teeth implants to replace missing teeth. Here are a few of them:
- Single Implant Crown – We’ll attach a beautiful crown to an implant, giving you back a strong and healthy smile. Your new tooth will look so natural, nobody will guess it hasn’t always been there.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – This type of bridge anchors to two or more implants to fill in the gaps in your smile. Your bridge will make biting and chewing much easier again.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – We can anchor a set of dentures securely to your implants using a snap-and-ball system. They’ll stay put and won’t cause you any embarrassment by slipping out of place.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Your new dentures will anchor to a sturdy bar that transfers the forces of biting and chewing to your implants rather than your gums. This makes them our most comfortable denture.
- Full-Arch Implants – We’ll use a minimal number of implants (either four or six) to anchor an entire arch of new replacement teeth. You’ll leave our office with new teeth and ready to face the world.
- Mini Dental Implants – We can sometimes use mini dental implants if you’re not a good candidate for standard dental implants. If you already have mini implants and need to repair or replace one, we can do that as well.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction – Using advanced tools and our dentists’ skills, we can place an entire mouth full of beautiful and functional new teeth. It will be like you never lost your teeth in the first place!