Dental veneers are custom-made thin shell-like covers that are placed on the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. They are a perfect method to improve crooked, discolored, chipped teeth and create a beautiful smile. If you are thinking of getting them, but you are not sure whether it is a good option, Excel Dental specializing in cosmetic teeth veneers, serving patients in Ozark, Missouri, has prepared a list of their benefits:
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Here are the advantages of veneers that are important to know:
- Stain resistance: Certain products can stain your teeth, including coffee, tea, wine, and others. If you consume these products a lot, this can lead to permanent discoloration over time. However, with teeth veneers, you have nothing to worry about; they are completely stain resistant.
- Painless and simple procedure: Many people avoid visiting their dentists because most dental procedures are painful, long, and cause discomfort. The good news is that the dental veneers procedure is simple, straightforward, and completely painless.
- Additional strength added to your teeth: Even though dental veneers look very thin and delicate, they can actually reinforce the durability and strength of your natural teeth. This means that veneers are a great solution for those who have weak teeth and want to protect them.
- A long-lasting option: With the right attention and care, veneers can last up to 15 years before you will need to replace them.
- Easy maintenance: You do not have to do anything special to take care of your dental veneers. All you need to do is to brush and floss them twice a day, just like your normal teeth. You should also visit your dentist twice a year for regular check-ups.
Who is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
You should consider getting dental veneers if you:
- Want to correct stains from old fillings or tooth decay
- Want to correct several dental issues at once
- Have slightly misaligned and crooked teeth, and you want to fix them
- Want to get rid of some annoying habits, such as crunching hard food or candies, chewing on nails, or gnawing on pens
What is the Dental Veneer Procedure?
The typical dental veneer procedure consists of the following steps:
- Trimming the concerned tooth or teeth
- Determining the right color
- Making a copy of the mouth, including teeth and gums
- Placing a temporary veneer (if needed)
- The pre-cementation evaluation (includes evaluation of the color, shape, and fit)
- Bonding the veneers
- Evaluating the results
Excel Dental in Ozark, Missouri, Offers High-Quality Dental Care
If you are thinking of getting dental veneers to improve your smile and are looking for an experienced dentist, Dr. Tracy Davis at Excel Dental is ready to help you. At Excel Dental, our team is dedicated to helping our patients to get comprehensive dental care, including dental veneers, fillings, implants, and other options. If you have any questions or you want to schedule an appointment, you can reach us at: (417) 233-4280.
Dr. Tracy Davis and Dr. Jim Oslica
The careers of Dr. Jim Oslica and Dr. Tracy Davis have followed similar paths, and they are excited to offer exceptional smile care to residents of southwest Missouri! Dr. Oslica originally hails from St. Louis but moved to Ozark at a young age and graduated from Ozark High School. Dr. Davis’ hometown is Conway, though she moved to the Springfield area in 2004 to be closer to family. Graduates of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry, they both have earned many accolades and memberships in prestigious medical associations. For example, Dr. Davis has received national recognition as a dental researcher while Dr. Oslica is an active member of the American Dental Association. Drs. Davis and Oslica love to help our patients smile with more confidence and providing you top-notch, comprehensive dental care in a warm environment.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Veneers Page