When you schedule an appointment at Excel Dental, as a new or existing patient, your dental exam will include diagnostic and preventive services from Drs. Davis and Matthews, as well as any needed educational information.
Let Drs. Davis and Matthews know if you have any concerns with your teeth or smile prior to the Dental Exam. Their goal is to enable you to smile healthy and they have your best interest in mind. At Excel Dental you will be treated like family!
Diagnostic services may include:
• Reviewing and updating medical history
• Oral cancer examination and screening
• Evaluation of gum tissue
• Evaluatin of biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
• Examination of diagnostic x-rays
• Examination of tooth decay
• Examination of existing restorations
• Gum Disease Evaluation
• Referral to specialists for specific treatment
Preventive services may include:
• Removal of plaque and tartar
• Stain removal
• Fluoride application
• Polishing teeth, including fillings and crowns
• Cleaning and adjustment of dentures and partial dentures
Educational services may include:
• Tooth brushing and flossing instructions
• Nutritional counseling
• Recommendations for future treatment: when to return for follow-up hygiene treatment, periodontal (gum) concerns or restorative treatment options
• Evaluation of self-care effectiveness
• Tobacco-cessation counseling
Our Springfield MO dentists will advise patients of any needed treatment or restorative services they can provide to the patient. Once the dental exam has been performed, a treatment plan will be established for each patient.
If you have questions about dental exams, please contact Excel Dental. Talk with Drs. Davis and Matthews prior to your dental exam if you have any concerns.