A dental crown is a protective covering that restores and improves a tooth’s appearance while also shielding and strengthening it. Drs. Davis and Matthews permanently fix a crown on a tooth to keep it in place, so it will last for many years. Dental crowns are matched to patient’s teeth to provide a natural appearance.
At Excel Dental Drs. Davis and Matthews would recommend a tooth crown for:
• Large fillings or a root canal
• Holding a dental bridge in place
• As replacement teeth with an implant
• Improving the appearance of your smile
• Getting rid of old dental crown pain
A dental bridge is a restorative dental appliance custom made by Drs. Davis and Matthews for the purpose of replacing missing teeth. It is secured in a patient’s mouth by attachment to the surrounding teeth on both sides of the teeth that are missing. A dental bridge can be fixed or removable depending on the patient’s individual case and needs. The dental bridge is also matched to a patient’s natural teeth to provide a natural appearance and healthy smile. A patient benefits from a bridge by having renewed confidence in their smile and ease with eating by replacing missing teeth.
At Excel Dental Drs. Davis and Matthews would recommend a dental bridge for:
• Preventing teeth from shifting where teeth may be missing
• Supporting cheeks and lips to improve speech and the appearance of a smile
If you have questions or concerns about dental crowns or bridges, please call Excel Dental to schedule an appointment today! Our team would love to guide you in your pursuit to smiling healthy!