Excel Dental co-owner Dr. Tracy Davis has been named one of the Top Two Doctors in the Ozarks, as part of the Springfield Business Journal’s annual Health Care Champions honors.
Dr. Davis and her co-honoree, Dr. Albert Leonardo Jr., were formally recognized on November 16, during SBJ’s Health Care Champions banquet at the DoubleTree Hotel in Springfield.
After graduating in the top 10% of her class from the University of Missouri School of Dentistry, Dr. Davis moved to the Springfield area, where she has been serving patients since 2004.
She is also passionate about using her talents to serve the Ozarks community, by volunteering for over 150 hours each year.
- Dr. Davis has provided dental care to patients in Dominica.
- Each year she volunteers for the Missouri Mission of Mercy (MOMOM), helping the organization to provide a free day of dental care to over 1,200 patients in our area.
- She works with the American Dental Association’s Give Kids a Smile, to address children’s dental needs.
- Dr. Tracy volunteers to provide Dental Screenings for Special Olympics athletes.
- She also provides free extractions to patients at the Good Samaritan Care Clinic in Mountain View, MO.
Dr. Davis says her proudest professional accomplishment was the opportunity to fully restore the smile of a grateful 16-year-old boy with a bone and tooth disorder. Since he had no enamel, the treatment plan was very extensive and Dr. Davis advocated for him to receive his treatment as a gift from her office and a local dental laboratory. This made the needed treatment possible and he was able to smile after years of hiding his teeth. Now this same young man is planning to become a dentist himself, and has even returned to the Excel Dental office— not as a patient this time, but for job shadowing experience!
Excel co-founder Dr. Nick Matthews praises Dr. Davis as a “premier dental practitioner” who has earned the Health Care Champion award because of “how much she cares for, and gives to the community around her.”
In addition to naming the Top Doctors in the area, a panel of five judges also selected winners in the categories of Nurse, Administrator, Technician and Therapist.
According to SBJ, the Health Care Champions awards are a way to recognize and celebrate the fact that health care is the largest profession in the Springfield metro area.